The Politics of Technology
All Techno-Anthropology students from Aalborg and Copenhagen, and all AAU CPH guests are invited to a public lecture and workshop by Prof. Peter-Paul Verbeek.
20.04.2018 kl. 09.00 - 16.00
The event will take place on 20 April 2018 from 09:00 to 16:00 at AAU CPH, Building FKJ 12, Seminar Room 0.06. Link to map: https://bit.ly/2JyIBKJ
Prof. Verbeek will give a lecture on the politics of technology, focusing on how both technology and politics influence individuals and societies. Prof. Verbeek will outline major socio-technical problems we could and should be addressing. After the lecture, all participants are invited to an exercise, where they will propose solutions to the problems identified by prof. Verbeek.
Students who wish to benefit from a post-phenomenological perspective on their current or future projects should stay for the open feedback session with prof. Verbeek. Use this chance to discuss your specific ideas with one of the world's foremost experts in philosophy of technology and ethics of scientific knowledge!
09:00 – 10:30
Internalizing new politico-economic morals of technology:
How the influences between politics and technology reflect on individuals and societies.
Lecture by prof. Peter-Paul Verbeek
10:30 – 12:30
• Prof. Verbeek introduces a main problem in his lecture
• Participants form a circle of working groups (2-4 people per group max) and address the problem
• Prof. Verbeek walks inside the circle and comments on the ongoing discussions
• After 45 mins. final solutions are collected and presented to prof. Verbeek
• Prof. Verbeek uses all solutions as basis for a proposed approach to addressing the initial problem
12:30 - 13:30
13:30 – 16:00
Open feedback session for students to discuss the post-phenomenological dimensions of their current or future projects with prof. Verbeek
Techno-Anthropology & Participation Research Group (contact: Petko Karadechev, email@example.com)
Aalborg University Copenhagen, Building FKJ 12, Seminar Room 0.06